HRB PhD SCHOLARS PROGRAMME IN HEALTH SERVICES RESEARCH
Integrated healthcare: from research to policy and practice
Exciting Opportunities for Health, Social Science and Humanities Graduates
This 4 year structured PhD Programme has an annual intake of postgraduate scholars. Its establishment in 2007 was possible through funding from the Health Research Board. The programme is a joint initiative of senior academic staff from the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Trinity College Dublin and University College Cork. They constitute a grouping called the Health Services Research Institute. Students on the course have a range of academic and clinical backgrounds. We welcome applicants with an interest in carrying out research on health services and population health in Ireland. Full-time and part-time completion of the thesis are both possible.
The full-time 4 year structured PhD Programme features:
- Relevant taught modules
- 8 week specialist rotations in Irish health-related data collection agencies in the first year
- Choice of PhD project from an extensive range during the first year
- Opportunities for multidisciplinary research
- Supervision by internationally renowned Principal Investigators
- Placement with a prestigious overseas agency to further PhD project development in the second year
- Professional skills training allowance
- Travel funds to national training days and international conferences
- Annual stipend of €18,000 plus laptop computer plus PhD fees
This programme provides excellent training for scholars in core health services and population health research skills.
Please submit a cover letter outlining your interest in and suitability for the PhD Programme, along with a copy of your Curriculum Vitae and the names and contact details (including email) of two referees to email@example.com by noon on Friday, 27th April 2012. All documents should be submitted in PDF format.
37 kali dilihat, 1 kali dilihat hari ini