Doctoral student in the area of Regional Economics
The Faculty of Applied Economics is seeking to fill the following full-timevacancy in the Department of Transport and Regional Economics
in the area of Regional Economics
The Flemish policy research centre on Entrepreneurship and Regional Economics advises the Flemish government on subjects related to entrepreneurship and the spatial aspects of the economy. Particular attention goes towards smart specialisation strategies, i.e. strategies of governments that concentrate available resources in some selected promising activity sectors in order to generate sustainable economic growth. Following topics will be part of the research:
· distribution of economic activity in the region of Flanders
· how networks between and within spatial clusters of economic activity function
· how institutional capacity can be built at different levels to boost the development of clusters
· You prepare a doctoral thesis in the field of Regional Economics within the framework of the Flemish policy research centre for entrepreneurship and regional economics;
· You contribute to teaching and research in the Department of Transport and Regional Economics;
· You prepare a Ph.D. thesis of the research project;
· You contribute to the research of the policy research centre at the Department of Transport and Regional Economics (University of Antwerp);
· You write scientific articles on the subject of your thesis and on additional research;
· The candidate is expected to enrol the university’s Ph.D. program and to obtain a Ph.D. at the end of the project.
Profile and requirements
· You hold a master degree in a domain which is relevant for regional economics (economics, geography, commercial engineering, social and political sciences,…) ;
· You can submit outstanding academic results;
· Also students in the final year of their degree can apply;
· The emphases in your teaching correspond to the UA educational vision ;
· Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy ( http://www.ua.ac.be/research );
· You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative, customer-oriented and cooperative;
· You can express yourself well in written and spoken English. Your are willing to learn Dutch.
· A doctoral scholarship , under the conditions of the Dehousse grants, for a period of one year, with the possibility of renewal for a further three-year period after positive evaluation;
· The start date of scholarship will be asap;
· A dynamic and stimulating work environment.
· Applications may be submitted only online, until the closing date April, 2 2012;
· A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection committee;
· More information about the application form can be obtained from Ellen Huijer (TEL 03 265 31 45);
· For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact prof. Ann Verhetsel ( email@example.com ).
31 kali dilihat, 1 kali dilihat hari ini