Open to the following nationalities: All Nationalities
Applicants must have completed a Masters degree. The master’s degree must have been obtained during the civil year of the beginning of the Ph.D. The applicant must be less than 26 years old at the end of the civil year of his registration for a Ph.D. The AXA Research Fund is seeking to provide support to:
- Students who wish to undertake a Ph.D. in a member state of the European Union or in one of the associated countries according to the 7th EU Framework Programme (FP7)1. In such cases, the Fund does not impose any conditions regarding the nationality of the applicant or the country of the laboratory where the master was undertaken.
- Students who are citizens of one of the member states of the European Union or one of the associated countries according to the FP71, and who have obtained their master in one of these same countries. In such cases, the Fund does not impose any conditions regarding the country of the Ph.D.’s host laboratory.
Applicable subjects: All Subjects
Applications may be submitted from 10-Jan-2011 until 07-Mar-2011
Information about the funding
Knowledge has become an important asset that needs to be developed and well managed to produce economic development and social well-being in the world. In this context, the AXA research Fund is a major commitment by the AXA Group to contribute creating the conditions for scientific progress, by encouraging innovative world-class research in well-targeted fields of general interest aligned with our core expertise.
The AXA Research Fund’s mission is to help understand the world’s major transformations, their impact and related risks.
The AXA Group has created this new Fund to encourage research in a number of disciplines that touch on the risks, challenges and major transformations that affect our rapidly changing world. The Fund will award 100 million Euros over five years to finance innovative research.
The AXA Fund finances projects that concern the major transformations of the modern world and their associated impact and risks to man and the environment. This approach exclusively concerns the following domains:
– Finance and economics
– Social sciences
Specified fields of research are:
– Longevity, long-term care, age-related diseases
– Climate change & associated risks and impacts
– Risk assessment and measurement techniques
– Economic agents’ behavior when facing risks
– Adaptability of organizations
Duration of funding:
Funding of Ph.Ds lasts for 3 years, under condition: institutions must submit to the Fund an annual report on the advancement of the Ph.D. research.
Information about the application
The selection criteria are as follows:
1. The applicant’s academic excellence, judged on the high standard of his or her master and the quality of previous course work.
2. The originality of the Ph.D. project, its feasibility (access to the resources, etc.) and the impact of its potential outcomes.
3. The international scope of the host research laboratory.
Value of award
Approx €40,000 per year, for up to three years
Students who would like to be considered for the AXA PhD Fellowship are asked to discuss this with their supervisor/Department. It will be the responsibility of the academic Departments/Schools to nominate a limited number or their chosen candidates to the Graduate School for selection. The internal deadline for Departmental/School nominations is 7 March 2011.
Names of shortlisted candidates will be put forward by the Graduate School to the AXA Research Fund for consideration, and AXA will make contact with the proposed candidates, who will have one month to provide more detailed information on their application. Once the selection of applications has been made, AXA will contact each candidate to inform him or her of its decision.
Contact at King’s
Research & Graduate School Support Section
5.24 Waterloo Bridge Wing,
Franklin Wilkins Building
Tel: +44 (0)20 7848 3376/3389
Fax: +44 (0)20 7848 3328
78 kali dilihat, 1 kali dilihat hari ini